It is with great excitement that I can tell all of you we are getting closer and closer to a sense of normalcy at CrossFit MetroEast. As I have tried to do throughout this pandemic, I want to once again update all of you on what you can expect moving into this next “phase”.
Cases and other metrics are continuing to move in the right direction in our community, and more and more people are getting vaccinated each day. These are all positives for our gym community as well.
As restrictions have been lifted in certain areas, other areas have remained the same. So that you know what to expect, here are the basics you need to know:
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have potentially been exposed to someone with or suspected to have COVID-19, PLEASE STAY HOME! All quarantine guidelines we have previously set forth still apply.
- Masks are not required during your workout, but are highly recommended when not working out and when unable to adhere to 6ft of social distance with others. Masks are still required for staff at all times and for customers during any non-training appointments.
- Sanitizing/Washing your hands upon entering the facility is still required prior to entering the training floor
- Social distancing will still be enforced. Clients should still utilize their designated squares during their workouts and avoid congregating unless maintaining 6ft of social distance.
- No sharing of equipment or space except by clients from the same household.
- Liquid Chalk is still the only type of chalk allowed in the facility at this time
- Open gym is still by reservation only and only for clients paying for additional personal accessory program services at this time. This does not restrict the use of the crossover symmetry bands before or after class for shoulder/back care.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment after use is still required. As we have monitored surface exposure rates for COVID-19 we will be modifying the frequency of our surface sanitizing. We will not be spraying all plates at the end of each session, but encourage the clients to clean plates with their sanitizing wipes. Floors will be sprayed at the end of each day after our final training session. High touch surfaces will still be sanitized throughout the day.
- Open air flow will still be utilized as much as possible to decrease the risk of COVID-19 spread through particles in the air. We aim to still keep our clients comfortable in this process, but it is also imperative that we take all necessary precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our facility.
- Pre-registration at least 30 minutes prior to your session is still required at this time. We ask that you cancel at least 1 hour prior to your class time if you cannot attend so that other potential attendees can register in time for classes.
Some things to look forward to in the coming months:
- Bring-A-Friend Saturdays will be coming back soon!
- Updated Class Schedules will be coming out for Quarter 2!
- We are getting closer and closer to hosting safe community events again!
As I have continued to say throughout the last year, I am so thankful for each and every one of you who have allowed me and my staff to continue to serve you throughout this pandemic. Thank you as well for being respectful of our goals to keep all of our clients safe during this time. We’re so excited for what 2021 has to offer and we can’t wait to take this ride with you.
~Coach Josh and Your CFME Staff